It’s More than Just Financial Statements: Finance Leaders Shoulder Growing ResponsibilitiesPublished on - Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
What are the main requirements and expectations of CFOs and finance leaders in the modern economy? What are the implications on the requisite skills and competencies of accountants? These are some issues which IFAC’s discussion paper, “The Role and Expectations of a CFO”, seek to address and stimulate a global debate on as it prepares accountants for finance leadership roles, including Chief Financial Officers (CFOs). The paper also highlighted the changing expectations and scope of the CFO and finance leadership roles and the action professional accountancy organisations (PAOs) and employers can take to prepare professional accountants for finance leadership.
Please click here to read the full article.
- Comment Letter – The Role and Expectations of a CFO Discussion Paper
- Staying Relevant: A Journey Towards Finance Leadership
- ISCA CFO Survey – Beyond Finance: Competencies for the Modern CFO
- What Strategic CFOs do Differently?
- ISCA CFO Survey : Understanding the Needs and Competencies Required of a Modern CFO